Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Challenge Day 22/23- Inspired by a Song/Movie

Hi everyone! Well today I am going to cheat a little since my inspiration came last night when I was watching one of my favorite movies and a song in particular as well as the whole movie inspired me for this challenge.  I was watching Across the Universe when my favorite part/song came on, which is Strawberry Fields! So I bring you strawberry nails today! I have to admit I could have done them a lot better technique wise, but you will have to forgive me since I was rushing because it was already really late and I was tired. I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Cherry Red", which was a dream to apply and I could have probably gotten away with one coat if I hadn't been rushing. Then for the tops I used Orly's "Wandering Vine" and added accent stripes in "Green with Envy" from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. For the "seeds" I used Jordana's black striping brush, which I believe may be why they turned out a bit on the wonky side. All in all I think it is adorable, but I think the execution could have been a bit better.



So you be the judge for yourself, but I think it works for my inspiration and I hope you don't mind my combo mani for two challenges. :-) Well then until next time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment