Friday, May 18, 2012

Challenge Day 14- Flowers

Hi all! So! I was pretty nervous about today's challenge not because I can't do flowers, but because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do! I had about a million and a half ideas running around in my head and I just couldn't narrow it down. So when I finally went to do this mani last night I had an AWFUL time removing the Sally Hansen complete manicure "Fairy Teal" and by the time I went to do my nails I was fried! I apologize in advance if you can see how blue my entire hand is in some of the pictures due to the staining from the teal. Anyways, I have been drooling over "Nite Owl" by Orly ever since my sister bought it for me a few weeks ago and I thought a more neutral background would be good to highlight the flowers. You can be the judge if you think that worked or not, but personally I LOVE the color, but it didn't quite work out how I had hoped. I really do love the end result, but I think if I ever try this again I would used a different background that might make it pop just a smidge more. So, like I started to say, I started off with a base of "Nite Owl" and I did 2 coats because I knew the flowers were going on top so it didn't have to be perfect. Then I followed Nailed It's Pansy Tutorial using Sinful Colors "Amethyst" for the purple part of the flower, a nail art white by Kiss for the white and Finger Paints "Lemon Sour" for the yellow center. Thanks to the tutorial this was actually really easy to do and I think it turned out adorable. I also really love how "Nite Owl" shines in the sun, the shimmer seems so bright and amazing it almost could be a holo. Well now without further ado here are the pictures!




Oh and I apologize for the state of my cuticles they have been a bit mad at me since I started doing my nails every day versus every couple of days. :-) So until next time and as usual I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment