Thursday, May 17, 2012

Challenge Day 13- Animal Print

Hello! Well Today's manicure was one that I was honestly terrified of at first. I couldn't think of any easy way to do animal print without a paintbrush or a stamp so I have to give myself a pat on the back for what I ended up with. I actually really really love this manicure and I will be super sad to take it off. So at first I thought okay there are enough cheetah/leopard print tutorials out there and really that is just blobbing so I can handle that...well that's what I thought. In the end I tried a few times and had no real luck so I went looking for something easier. Enter the zebra! I found a tutorial online that made it sound super easy to use a nail art brush to create zebra print nails so I decided to give it a try. Now I don't know how this happened, but somehow I do not actually own a black nail art polish. So I went with my trusty Art Club light blue for the stripes and Sally Hansen's complete manicure in "Fairy Teal" for the base color. After that I topped the stripes with a bit of silver glitter just to give them a bit more shimmer and dimension. It was really easy to get this pattern since I laid my brush down on my skin and dragged it onto the nail wiggling and lifting as I went and you can judge the results as you see fit.

This was obviously before I cleaned it up and just to show what I meant when I said I started off on my skin.






So I hope you all enjoyed this one too and I hope you are all enjoying this whole challenge as much as I am so far. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment