Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Challenge Day 2 - Orange

Hi there everyone! Well after yesterday's somewhat failed attempt at red I figured I had to do better with orange. I have actually been wanting to test out this color for a bit since it is somewhat more "on trend" at the moment. So without much further ado I bring you Color Club's "Sparkle and Soar". This is a more sheer orange with TONS of gold shimmer I guess it could almost be considered a foil actually.



It has been overcast and rainy all day, but I still figured that I should show one picture of this polish outside so this picture below is outside, but not in direct sunlight.


As far as application goes with this polish I can't really make up my mind. I didn't exactly have problems with applying it since the formula was actually pretty good, not too goopy and not too runny, but I lost count of how many layers after the 4th. I personally can't stand any visible nail line so I guess if I didn't have that personal quirk then I would have been fine after 2 or 3 coats, but for full opacity I think I ended up with 6 layers. All in all this color isn't really something I am a huge fan of since it doesn't play all the well with my skin tone and it is just a bit outside my blue/green/pink/purple comfort zone. :-) If you like orange though then this one is pretty amazing since it packs a TON of great shimmer and it did actually apply well (if you don't mind a little VNL). Anyways, hope you enjoy! Tune in tomorrow for probably my all time least favorite nail color ever! Yellow! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment