Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Challenge Day 20- Water Marbling

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I know I did! Sorry for being MIA, but I was visiting my sister and I was much too busy working very hard on my tan. :-) So back to this challenge then! I have to say I am not very happy with how my water marbling turned out for today, but I do hope you all enjoy it. So I started off with two coats of "Break Through" from Essence. Then I did one drop of each in this order: Sinful Colors "Paradise", Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Bubblegum Pink" and NYC Long Wearing in "Empire State Blue" for the marbles. I think I needed some more contrasting colors to get a better effect, but I do think I finally have gotten the technique down. I also used scotch tape to cover the skin around my nails and then coated the backs and a bit down my fingers with vitamin E oil. This combo made clean up an absolute breeze! All I had to do was clean up a little bit right next to my cuticles and a bit under the edge of my nails. So without further ado here are the pictures!



Unfortunately the blues didn't really show up too much and the pink sort of blended in with the base color I used. Next time I know that I should go with a more neutral background and more contrasting colors for the marbling. So hope you enjoy this and I will try and post again later to catch up a bit. Hope you enjoy this nice hot weather too!

No comments:

Post a Comment