Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Challenge Day 12- Stripes

Hi there everyone! Well today I have a manicure that I am fairly proud of. When I saw the stripes challenge I kind of figured I would just do another tape manicure to create some nice even stripes, but that isn't what I ended up doing. I did attempt a tape mani and I was disappointed with it so I started over and decided to give my nail art polishes a try and I am very happy with the end result. I started off with 2 fairly thick coats of "Coat Azure" from Essie, which is a really pretty blue with a bit of subtle shimmer to it. I then used my Color Club or Art Club nail art polish in a very pale almost white blue and painted a stripe diagonal across each nail. Although not all the stripes were even or exactly in the same place on each nail I like the overall effect, but it needed more. I didn't want to stripe my whole nail because I really liked my base color and I didn't want to cover it up too much. I also decided that I needed a way to even up the stripes just a little bit so I used a silver glitter nail art polish by Kiss to add stripes on either side of the pale blue ones. By doing that I was able to make some of the lines look narrower and others I could straighten out a bit. In the end it might not be perfect, but I am really proud of how well it turned out considering it was all done free hand. So here you go judge for yourself if it works. :-)



Well I hope you enjoyed and I am trying to keep up with this challenge and I hope you don't mind that I am a bit off schedule. I will try my best to cram a few more in to catch up some more, but until then...see ya! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment