Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Challenge Day 29/30- Inspired by the Supernatural/ Inspired by a Tutorial

Hi all! So for the Supernatural challenge I wanted to do something a little bit different than your ghosts and whatever and I have been eyeing these Paint Drip manicures so I thought True Blood would be perfect for my Supernatural inspired mani since it is just chock full of that stuff and what cooler way than with bloody nails! I have been wanting to try out the whole drips manicure thing for a while so I thought I could sorta kill two birds with one stone. I looked at a bunch of different tutorials for drip manicures and kinda ended up doing it my own way so it was inspired by a lot of different tutorials, but not exactly executed following a specific one. So I started off with one flawless coat of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry in "Silver Sweep" and then I painted some freehand very basic tips with "Cinna Snap", which is another Insta-Dry color. After the tips were on I used "Cinna Snap" and placed three dots per nail below the tips and then used a small paint brush and more "Cinna Snap" to connect the dots to the tips. I kinda went over that a couple times until it came out the same shade and opacity and looked vaguely drippy. (maybe not a real word, but you get the picture) After that was slightly dry I used the paint brush to add some highlights using "Cherry Red" by Sally Hansen. I am actually really happy with how this turned out and I think I will be doing different "drips" in the future! :-)



Well I hope you all have enjoyed this challenge so far so now just one last day to go! Also I really do appreciate each and every comment and all of my very precious few followers! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment