Monday, June 4, 2012

Challenge Day 28- Inspired by a Flag

Hi everyone! Well today I bring you an epic FAIL! For this challenge I was inspired by the American flag and I thought I would try and do some stamping. Well that was a bad idea apparently. I haven't had much practice with stamping and so I am still not all that good at it, but I have a star image so I thought it would be perfect. I started off with a base of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Red Cherry" and Barielle's "Berry Blue" then I used "White Out" by Sally Hansen for the stars. Here are the pictures for you to judge yourself...



I did two coats of "Red Cherry" and three coats of "Berry Blue" and I just realized that I had some very fruity nails with this manicure! I used the Salon Express stamping kit for the stars and I am going to blame my technique for this failure because I had a lot of trouble scraping the polish off evenly. I think that my ring finger came out the best so I guess there is hope for me someday getting the hang of it, but just not with this attempt. Hope you enjoyed this one too even though it isn't quite a winner. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I can't stamp either, I really need to practice. These turned out a lot better than most of my attempts xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seems like it would be so simple, but really it takes some serious work! I believe in us both though lol! We can conquer the stamps! ;)

      Delete