Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Pink Wednesday!

Happy Pink Wednesday everyone! So I was so overwhelmed last week that I forgot to join in on all the Hunger Games fanaticism! A group of my friends and I actually went to the midnight opening show in Manhattan (which could account partly for why I had such a crazy week) and in honor of the movie I had been trying my hardest to get my hands on "Dress Me Up" from the China Glaze collection, but alas I was unable to find it in stock anywhere around me. I was able to find "Luxe and Lush" so I got that and to try and mimic the dusty rose color that "Dress Me Up" was supposed to be I bought "Artificial Sweetener" from Orly's new Cool Romance collection. I kept picking this color up and putting it down thinking I must have something already in my collection that would be considered a dupe, but I decided to get it anyways since it kept calling to me. After using it once I am really glad I did buy it! I love this color so much! It has a great formula and is easily opaque in two coats and it has a surprising amount of shimmer on the nail considering how subtle the shimmer looks in the bottle. 




After two glorious coats of "Artificial Sweetener" I used one coat of "Luxe and Lush" just to give it something from The Capitol. I have to say I am a totally flake-a-holic, but this one didn't quite do it for me. This isn't a flakie in the "traditional" sense, but more chunks of foil suspended in a thick clear base. The base was REALLY thick and sort of difficult to manage, hence the uneven distribution of flakies. I did love the overall effect, but I don't know if "Luxe and Lush" will make it in my stash or if it might fall by the wayside a bit. I also had to do two thick coats of my clear topcoat because the foil pieces are rough and not all of them  wanted to stay flat on my nail. Even with the extra layers I was able to peel off a piece of foil here and there, which didn't make me happy.


Anyways, I hope all of you who saw the movie enjoyed it more than I did since, honestly, I didn't really love it for all the hype it got I thought they could have done a lot more with it. I am sure it is worth seeing it in the theater, but it was certainly not worth it for me to see it at midnight, which meant I got two hours of sleep before work the next day.

Oh well! I hope you all have a great Wednesday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment