Monday, March 12, 2012

Gold and Ready!

Happy Daylight Savings time to all who have to deal with it! I always hate the first morning after you "spring forward" and lose an hour of sleep. So to make myself feel a little better I made sure my nails looked really cool for today. I wanted something a little more sedate since I have a meeting to go to at my new school. So I started with Essie's "Armed and Ready", which is a color that I fell in love with when looking at swatches online and boy does it live up to the hype! Here is a picture of just two coats of that.


I had difficulty capturing the true awesomeness of this color since it is a more olive toned brown base with a ton of gold-bronze shimmer to it. It really looks just as amazing on the nail as it does in the bottle, which is not normally the case. Also I was shocked and amazed by the formula of this color. Typically I have a problem with Essie polishes because their formulas are so thin they take minimum three coats. This polish however was just about perfection in two coats! After I got two solid coats of this color on I really wanted to step it up and add a bit more gold tone to it by topping it off with one coat of Essie's "As Gold As it Gets", which is an amazing gold flake type top coat. So here is the final product!



I am mesmerized by the final look of these two polishes. I love each of them separately, but together they are even more amazing! Anyways, I hope everyone who is dealing with the Daylight Savings time switch has a great day and keep the coffee going! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment