Sunday, March 18, 2012

Belated St. Patty's Day Manicure

Happy Belated St. Patty's Day everyone!! Unfortunately I spent most of my St. Patty's Day yesterday at work dealing with a sick baby so I didn't really feel up to painting my nails or really doing much of anything after I left work. So here is my slightly belated St. Patty inspired manicure! I was going to go for the four leaf clovers on all my nails, but then I realized while I was practicing on my nail wheel that I would have a LOT of trouble doing them on my actual nails. So instead I decided to just try my best to make it work for one accent nail, which I think I didn't do too badly with. On my other nails I decided to go with a more pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow on some green kinda feel. So I used Orly's "Wandering Vine" for the green (including the clovers) and this is one of my favorite greens especially since the formula is so fantastic! The first coat was streaky, but the second coat went on like butter and covered flawlessly. Then I topped that with one coat of Wet n Wild Fastdry "The Gold & the Beautiful" just to give it some sparkle and some of that lucky golden St. Patty's day feel. :-) On my accent nail I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails "Green with Envy", which is a great spring/summer green that is just bright and beautiful. Then as I mentioned I used "Wandering Vine" for the clover, which I did (not entirely successfully) by using my dotting tool to make small dots and dragging them down to connect them in a heart shape for each petal. After that I topped it all of with my favorite quick dry top coat Orly's "Sec N Dry" and that was all she wrote! :-) Hope everyone enjoyed their St. Patty's day festivities! (safely of course)





Here is a picture of my more successful clover on my nail wheel just to show I can do it, but not so much on my own fingers and definitely not so much using my left hand...oh well! :-) Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment