Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My first Pink Wednesday!

Hi there everyone! Well I know a lot of nail bloggers do a special "Pink Wednesday" manicure every week and I think I am going to try and join them. I won't promise that I will be able to post a new pink manicure every week, but I will try. So here is my first attempt! A while back I read here that Claire's had a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's famous candy shop polish. I would love to own a bottle of Deborah Lippmann's Candy Shop so I could tell you if this is true or not, but I don't. So I figured I might as well go out and buy Claire's Candy Shop anyways. So here it is for your viewing pleasure. Claire's "Candy Shop".



I actually used one coat of Sinful Colors "Soulmate" and then did one coat of "Candy Shop" because I wasn't crazy about how it looked with two coats of "Candy Shop". When I did two coats the glitter pieces clumped together a bit and it was too much of a hassle for me to spread it out. Since "Candy Shop" is a nice pink polish packed with glitter two coats would have been just about as opaque, but the glitter was being a bit of a pain. I did like the formula though with one coat since I didn't have to dab or do anything much to get an even coverage of glitter. Maybe if I had let it dry completely between coats the glitter might not have clumped as much...I might have to try this again just to see. Anyways, from what I have seen of Deborah Lippmann's version it seems that Claire's "Candy Shop" is a dead on dupe. :-)

I hope you all enjoyed my first Pink Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment