Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy "Sinful" Pink Wednesday! *EDIT*

Today's Pink Wednesday is Sinful Colors "Cream Pink". This is one of those colors that just looks so amazing in the bottle and doesn't quite follow through on the nail. In the bottle this color appears to be a super cute bright pink with really noticeable golden shimmer to it. On the nail it is a super pretty and bright pink, but that extra cool shimmer kind of falls flat. If you look really closely at the nail you can see a VERY subtle shimmer to it, but in general the color just looks like a very pretty and summery bright pink. Now, don't get me wrong, I still love this color since it is so bright and summery it feels like an easy pick me up, but I was looking forward to that slightly different look of a golden shimmer.

This picture here was taken in sunlight and you can really see how bright and fun the color is.


Here it is indoors and you can see it looks a bit more subdued indoors, but still a really fun color. :-)


At this angle you can actually see some of the shimmer I was talking about and I think it just makes the color look so pretty and unique.

Now I have to confess that I had a lot more planned for this manicure, but as usual life gets in the way with plans so I might be updating this later if I find time/energy to do so. :-) Anyways, hope you all enjoy and have a great rest of the week! :-)


**EDIT**

Just in case anyone who read my original post was curious about my talk of "plans" for this manicure here ya go! So I was messing around with the idea of another tape manicure, but using different finishes as well. So I was testing some stuff out on my nail wheels and honestly...I don't think this was a great one for me so I will show my testers, but know that I am calling this one a fail. :-)

This started off alright adding some of Wet n Wild's "Through the Grapevine", which is the darker berry color. Then I had to go and add to it some more with the second stripe type design in Essie "Ballet Slippers". I was all excited to try a sheer jelly on top to see if it would create some cool color or something, but it didn't.

Myself being well...me. I thought "Oh just add some glitter and it will be fine!". No. It wasn't. Sorry inner four year old who believes that sparkles make the world go round. I have to call this one like I see it and I am not seeing pretty. So there you have it. Sometimes plans don't work out because they aren't meant to. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment