Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Suzi Says Feng Shui + Twisted = FABULOUS!

Howdy everyone! So here are some pictures of my current nails and let me tell you pictures don't do this one justice! It is so PRETTY! It is subtle, but really very nice and pretty. So I started off with a polish that is new to my collection, OPI "Suzi Says Feng Shui". This polish is gorgeous on its own and although it took me three coats to reach full opacity I still thought the formula was pretty good. I don't tend to love OPI's formula since I always seem to have trouble getting them smooth, but this was nice. The first picture actually shows the color looking a bit darker than it truly is while the second is closer to the real color. 

 Of course I can't have a manicure without some sparkle so I decided to try this out with a coat of Finger Paints "Motley" on top. This is an actually new polish that was only available for the month of January at Sally Beauty Stores. Now while this did add a little something to the mix it just wasn't quite enough for my taste. I am sure that Motley will be amazing on other colors, but here it fell a little flat since it blended a bit too much with Suzi.

So just to add a bit more wow to it and just to satisfy my own curiosity I added a coat of Finger Paints "Twisted" as well. Twisted was also part of the same limited edition collection as Motley so if you didn't get it while it lasted then I am very very very sincerely sorry for you. :-(



I don't know that the pictures can really do this justice, but OMG AMAZING! That pretty much sums it up. Twisted just made this manicure amazing. The flakes in this polish just really look amazing against that beautiful blue background. There are so many different colors that come out and at certain angles you even get a silvery glint. Personally, I am loving the flake trend that is going on in the nail world since they are easier to remove than regular glitter, they are much more subtle (and therefore more work/adult appropriate) and they just are so much fun! All in all this is a stellar combination in my opinion and I am super happy I got to use my new Finger Paints polishes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment