Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Mani

Hey everyone! So I don't know how many of you out there are football fans like I am, but even for those who don't really follow football the Super Bowl last night was pretty awesome! Even though I am really a Baltimore Ravens fan I was rooting for the NY Giants last night against Tom Brady and the Patriots. I decided to do a Giants themed manicure to show a little extra team spirit so here is a picture.

I used Sinful Colors "Midnight Blue" for the base color, which I needed 3 coats to get completely even coverage due to some streaking and bald spots. I then used my dotting tool to add red polka dots using Deborah Lippmann's "It's Raining Men" and I used Sally Hansen's "White On" to create the white polka dots. I also used my usual Orly "Bonder" base coat under the blue since I have found that it is my secret weapon against chips. I didn't plan on keeping this manicure for very long and my favorite top coat (Orly "Sec N' Dry") tends to smear my polka dots so I didn't bother with a top coat this time so unfortunately I did get some sheet marks over night. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the show last night and if not then I hope you enjoy my manicure. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment