Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine's Day Mani

Happy semi-belated Valentine's Day everyone! I am a little slow on this one, but here it is! My Valentine's Day Mani. I opted to go for a less mushy mani since I spent this V-Day like I would spend any other Tuesday night. I used Essie's "Flawless" as a base for this manicure since it is a great basic almost nude pink. I did have to do 3 coats to get my nails covered enough and if I had not added more to it I would have had to add another coat for full opacity and to cover any streaks.

I of course couldn't leave it at this especially seeing as it was for a holiday so I added a layer of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear "Strobe Light".


This is one of those times where the picture does not do the reality justice. This combination is amazing the sparkle is actually much more subtle in real life than it appears in these pictures. It adds so much depth and interest to this fairly pretty, but basic and boring pink polish. This is certainly a combo I will be wearing again.

Although I loved this combination I spotted something interesting at my local Walgreens that I was dying to try out so I figured why not add a little more something special! :) They are from Kiss and they are called "In-Style Designs Catwalk Manicure Accessories" I got the set called "Lights". There are 4 sheets of stickers pictured below with pictures of each individual sheet as well.





It took me forever to decide which to try, but finally I decided to use a bit of a combination on my thumbs and middle fingers. After the polish was completely dry I placed the stickers where I wanted them and held them down flat against the nail for about 30 seconds to make sure they stuck down as flat as they could. After that I applied two layers of my usual top coat, Orly's "Sec N' Dry".




I definitely think that these are a great way to add just a little something extra without needing any skill with a nail brush or other tool. I thought my V-Day mani was girly and cute without being too over the top with tons of hearts. Also these stickers survived sleep and washing a lot of dishes today so they certainly seem to be worth it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment