Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gradient Manicure

Why hello there to whoever happens to stumble across this. :-) Well I have been loving the idea of doing a gradient manicure, but it seemed quite time consuming and I seemed to always have something else to try first. Well I finally tried it the other night and boy was I right! It is time consuming! I am hoping that it was difficult mostly due to the polish I was using and my own inexperience. I am not really all that happy with how it turned out since I am a major perfectionist and it didn't come out how I thought it would, but it is actually very pretty.

I started off with my usual Orly "Bonder" basecoat then I did two coats of Ulta's "Celebutante".

After that had completely dried I used Sinful Colors "Purple Diamond" for the "gradient" part. I probably should have watched some tutorials or seen some other examples of how it is supposed to be done, but I was in an adventurous mood so I kinda just went for it. I also had a little problem with Purple Diamond because mine was very thick and goopy. The thick texture made it very difficult to lightly drag it down towards the bottom of my nail. I tried my best and here it is...my first attempt at the gradient manicure. (Don't judge me too harshly) :-)


As always thanks for reading my lil ol blog here! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment