Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Past polish adventures

So here are some of my past nail pictures. 

Here I used a matte teal from sinful colors "Rise and Shine". I love the color, but as with most matte polish it wore off of the tips very quickly.
I decided to put a clear top coat on the next time and of course it was no longer matte, but I really enjoyed this bright summery color.


In these pictures I was testing out the OPI silver crackle polish over a light blue. The pictures could have turned out better, but you get the idea.

 Many of you may have seen the new Gel Perfect kits in stores and this was my attempt at using the "Moonstone" color. It was definitely not the easiest thing to use and be sure to only use it in a well ventilated space since it smells like you are painting your nails with Krazy Glue. I also decided to go more for doing it quickly than neatly, which made it somewhat difficult to clean up. Removal and clean up were not that awful since I used pure acetone polish remover, but if you don't have your own remover they also sell special remover specific for this polish. It did last me for about 5 days before I got bored of the color and with only one tiny chip that could have been due to my application. Overall if you have the patience to do it yourself and don't mind sticking with one color this kit was good.
In this picture I used Kiss Nail Artist Stencil Kit. I decided to use Sally Hansen's Dorien Grey as a base then I used the silver sparkle polish that came with the stencils for all but my thumb nail. For the thumb I wanted something that would stand out a bit more so I used Orly Hype. I was a somewhat disappointed because when I used my Orly Sec N Dry quick dry topcoat it smeared the pink flower a bit. Other than that this was a cute way to add some design to my nails, but the stencils did rip after a couple of uses so it wasn't fool proof. 
I loved this color so much, but unfortunately, I was really disappointed by it. I used N.Y.C. Quick Dry Color in Canal Street. I loved the bronze shimmer in the medium brown base, but within a day it was chipped beyond recognition! I was so disappointed since I really loved the color and wanted to show it off, but I couldn't stand the idea of showing it to anyone in the condition it was in.
This might be one of my absolute favorite combinations ever. I used Orly Wandering Vine for the base and then I used Essence Colour & Go in Choose Me on top. The end result was a glass flecked deep green that I just couldn't get enough of! I loved the way it caught the light even in darker conditions. I might have to do this combination again and take better pictures to really show it off. 

So these are just a few examples of my earlier experiments in nail polish. Later I will post some of my more interesting experiments. In the meantime enjoy these! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment